Scriptures to Pray Over Your Children

Scriptures to Pray Over Your Children  

Ezekiel 37:24-25 My servant David will be their king, and they will have only one shepherd. They will obey my regulations and be careful to keep my decrees. They will live in the land I gave my servant Jacob, the land where their ancestors lived. They and their children and their grandchildren after them will live there forever, generation after generation. And my servant David will be their prince forever.

Isaiah 61: 6-10 You will be called priests of the Lord, ministers of our God. You will feed on the treasures of the nations and boast in their riches. Instead of shame and dishonor, you will enjoy a double share of honor. You will possess a double portion of prosperity in your land, and everlasting joy will be yours. For I, the Lord, love justice. I hate robbery and wrongdoing. I will faithfully reward my people for their suffering and make an everlasting covenant with them.

Their descendants will be recognized and honored among the nations. Everyone will realize that they are a people the Lord has blessed. I am overwhelmed with joy in the Lord my God! For he has dressed me with the clothing of salvation and draped me in a robe of righteousness. I am like a bridegroom dressed for his wedding or a bride with her jewels.

Isaiah 44:1- 5  But now, listen to me, Jacob my servant, Israel my chosen one. The Lord who made you and helps you says: Do not be afraid, O Jacob, my servant, O dear Israel, my chosen one.

For I will pour out water to quench your thirst and to irrigate your parched fields. And I will pour out my Spirit on your descendants, and my blessing on your children. They will thrive like watered grass, like willows on a riverbank. Some will proudly claim, ‘I belong to the Lord.’ Others will say, ‘I am a descendant of Jacob.’ Some will write the Lord’s name on their hands and will take the name of Israel as their own.”

proverbs:14:26 Those who fear the Lord are secure; he will be a refuge for their children.

Psalm:144:12-15 May our sons flourish in their youth like well-nurtured plants. May our daughters be like graceful pillars, carved to beautify a palace. May our barns be filled with crops of every kind. May the flocks in our fields multiply by the thousands, even tens of thousands, and may our oxen be loaded down with produce. May there be no enemy breaking through our walls, no going into captivity, no cries of alarm in our town squares. Yes, joyful are those who live like this! Joyful indeed are those whose God is the Lord.

Psalm: 128:1-4 How joyful are those who fear the Lord all who follow his ways! You will enjoy the fruit of your labor. How joyful and prosperous you will be! Your wife will be like a fruitful grapevine, flourishing within your home. Your children will be like vigorous young olive trees as they sit around your table. That is the Lord’s blessing for those who fear him.

Psalm 115:12-15 The Lord remembers us and will bless us. He will bless the people of Israel and bless the priests, the descendants of Aaron. He will bless those who fear the Lord, both great and lowly. May the Lord richly bless both you and your children. May you be blessed by the Lord, who made heaven and earth.

Psalm 102:28: The children of your people will live in security. Their children’s children will thrive in your presence.

Deuteronomy 6:2: you and your children and grandchildren must fear the Lord your God as long as you live. If you obey all his decrees and commands, you will enjoy a long life

Deuteronomy 4:39-40: So remember this and keep it firmly in mind: The Lord is God both in heaven and on earth, and there is no other. If you obey all the decrees and commands I am giving you today, all will be well with you and your children. I am giving you these instructions so you will enjoy a long life in the land the Lord your God is giving you for all time

Genesis 32:12: But you promised me, ‘I will surely treat you kindly, and I will multiply your descendants until they become as numerous as the sands along the seashore—too many to count.

Isaiah 54:13 I will teach all your children, and they will enjoy great peace

1 John 3:10: So now we can tell who are children of God and who are children of the devil. Anyone who does not live righteously and does not love other believers does not belong to God.

Ephesians 5:8: For once you were full of darkness, but now you have light from the Lord. So live as people of light.

1 Corinthians 13:11: When I was a child, I spoke and thought and reasoned as a child. But when I grew up, I put away childish things.

Romans 8:26: And the Holy Spirit helps us in our weakness. For example, we don’t know what God wants us to pray for. But the Holy Spirit prays for us with groanings that cannot be expressed in words.

proverbs 29:15: To discipline a child produces wisdom, but a mother is disgraced by an undisciplined child.

proverbs 29:21: A servant pampered from childhood will become a rebel

proverbs 22:15: A youngster’s heart is filled with foolishness, but physical discipline will drive it far away.

proverbs 22:6: Direct your children onto the right path, and when they are older, they will not leave it.

proverbs 20:11 Even children are known by the way they act, whether their conduct is pure, and whether it is right. 

Proverbs 17:6: Grandchildren are the crowning glory of the aged; parents are the pride of their children.

Proverbs 13:22: Good people leave an inheritance to their grandchildren, but the sinner’s wealth passes to the godly.

Exodus 20:5: You must not bow down to them or worship them, for I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God who will not tolerate your affection for any other gods. I lay the sins of the parents upon their children; the entire family is affected—even children in the third and fourth generations of those who reject me.

Comments